ANC Karis & Christ First
January 2-5, Wed-Sat
Regular Registration (until 12/9): $195 first child / $165 for siblings
Late Registration (until space fills up): $250
- Full refunds will be given if requested before 12/16. After that fees may be substituted to another student but will not be refunded. If student does not come to retreat last minute, fees will not be credited to another event or refunded.
- If financial assistance is needed, please speak to one of the SED pastors.
Location: Twin Peak Retreat Center
26409 CA-189, Twin Peaks, CA 92391
Check in at All Nations Church (10000 Foothill Blvd. Lake View Terrace, CA 91342) opens on Wednesday at 9am. Arriving back on Saturday by 1pm.
Late rides and early departures will not be coordinated or offered by church. Students who need such transportation must organize it themselves and inform our staff.
Guest speaker: Mike Park (Pastor at Grace DC Downtown Church)
Jackets/sweaters, clothes, undergarments, socks
Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shower supplies, etc.)
Slippers for showers (optional)
During registration, students will be selecting which track they would like to participate in between services.
Track 1: Jesus in my life (Suggested Grades: 7th-8th)
- What does it mean to have faith in and walk with Jesus? In this track, we will learn about and discuss the starting point of our faithing journey and spiritual disciplines that help us faithfully follow Jesus.
Track 2: Jesus in our creativity (Suggested Grades: All)
- Are only some people creative or are we all creative? In this track, we will see what it means to be creative and how our vulnerability in creativity can lead to passionately worshipping God.
Track 3: Jesus in our praise (Suggested Grades: All)
- Do you want to be a passionate worshipper both in congregational and personal worship? In this track, we will hear about and discuss how we can genuinely praise God and personally engage with God in prayer.
Track 4: Jesus in the world (Suggested Grades: 9th-12th)
- Is the Gospel relevant in the areas of science, politics, and race? In this track, we will look at how scientific evidence point us toward belief in God and Jesus and how we can approach politics and race through the lens of the Gospel.
Track 5: Jesus in the Bible Suggested Grades: 9th-12th)
- What is the Bible and how can we read the Bible in a way that makes sense? In this track, we will learn why we can have confidence in the Bible and how we can read and engage with the Bible in a life-transformative way.
Track 6: Jesus in mental health (Suggested Grades: 10th-12th)
- Have you or do you know someone who is struggling with mental health issues? In this track, we will learn about mental health problems, and specifically depression, and see how the Gospel offers both hope and practice steps.